28 Oct Development Team Lead
The role of the Development Team Lead is to manage, organize, develop, and encourage the Development Team (DT) to
creatively execute on Orchestra Partners projects. The Lead translates the overall company vision into the daily work of the Team.
The Lead provides clear concise direction and facilitates the team to produce desired results.
Duties and responsibilities
○ Relational Leader: Leads with a relational management style (builds rapport, supports, communicates with transparency,
practices inquiry, meets regularly with DT/individuals, etc.)
○ Facilitates Results: Directs, guides, delegates, and facilitates the DT to accomplish results
○ Relevant Experience: Uses his/her comprehensive Real Estate Development experience to lead and teach the DT
○ Shared Decision-Making: Creates the opportunity for Dev Associates to make lower level decisions with some oversight,
while modeling exceptional decision-making capacity
○ Accountability: Achieves results by meeting deadlines and holding everyone accountable, including him/herself
○ Solutions Finder: Uncovers issues and addresses them (communicates, teaches, learns to solve, etc.)
○ Manages Up and Down: Acts as an intermediary between the Directors and the DT. Enforces Directors focus on project
planning and process while enforcing DT completion of tasks.
○ Leadership: Focuses on organizing, developing, and mentoring an inexperienced team
○ Must have worked in relevant, reputable, community-oriented Real Estate Development for 3-7 years
○ Earned an MA in Real Estate Development from top school, strong Financial experience, and worked on at least one or two
○ Has 3-5 years Project Management experience
○ Knowledge of how Orchestra Partners does Real Estate Innovation
○ Managed a minimum of a four person team