28 Oct Property Accountant
Posted at 00:43h in Careers
- Responsible for all bookkeeping/accounting functions within the firm.
- Responsible for entering invoices and remitting payment for invoices owed to third parties.
- Responsible for depositing tenant rent payments into appropriate accounts when received from asset management team.
- Responsible for keeping accounting software reconciled with bank accounts so that timely financial statements can be generated at a moment’s notice.
- Works with asset management and property management teams to come up with best practices regarding bookkeeping for various assets and necessary software recommendations.
- Along with updated account reconciliations, the accounting manager oversees any year-end reporting that is either necessary or requested by management.
- Creates custom in-house financial statement reports that have been requested.
- Completes intermediate to advanced level accounting transactions in preparation of client financial statement packages. Creates and posts journal entries. Ensures that all expenses, receipts, owner’s distributions, funding requests and other transactions for the accounting period have been accurately posted.
- Generates and reviews financial packages for accuracy and comprehensive reporting. Prepares packages on a schedule to ensure timely delivery to the client and other management teams.
- Adheres to Client Accounting Policies and Procedures (CAPP) to ensure internal and external reporting requirements are consistently met.
- Reviews and audits funding and payment requests for accuracy, documentation and authorization in accordance with established operating procedures.
- Responds to and resolves issues and requests from management teams and clients regarding various accounting issues and reports, including Profit and Loss statements. Researches open accounting issues and recognizes potential issues and/or conflicts so corrective action can intercept and minimize issues.
- Participates in budgeting and forecasting for assigned property portfolio, new property and client transitions, and client audit requests.
- Assists in training team members on portfolio specific transitions.
- Monitors scope of services delivered and provides feedback to manager regarding any changes in scope.
- Coordinates work with other team members within single point-of-contact (SPOC) guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.